USPS is one of the best shipping service organizations that provide us with various services to deliver and transport our files, documents, packages, etc. USPS is well known to solve the customer’s problem in the best way possible. It helps to make their lives easy and convenient. The United States Parcel Service or mostly known as the USPS, it has always provided the best services to every customer.
USPS delivers the packages to the correct place. It also takes responsibility in case any mistake is occurred by their side. USPS ensures regular improvements and innovations to make their clients feel more comfortable. It provides postal services throughout the United States and even the associated states. In this article, we will discuss the USPS package pickup service and its working.
What is the USPS Package Pickup?
Package pickup is a service provided by the USPS in which any user can send his/her packages without even going to the post office. It is the best service offered by the USPS that allows us to receive mails at our home.
This service is free of cost if the weight of the package is less than 70 pounds. You can also send any number of packages depending on your need.
While using this service, it is necessary to send your packages through the services mentioned-below.
- Priority mail express
- Priority mail
- Priority mail international
- Priority mail express international
- Global express guaranteed
Priority mails service is a feature of USPS that carries mail items in a less amount of time and at a reasonable price. The items under the category of Priority Mail are delivered in about one to three business days.
How to Schedule a USPS Pickup?
Some people face a lot of difficulty in scheduling a USPS pickup. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to schedule a pickup easily.
- At first, visit the official page of the USPS.
- We see an option of “where should we pick up”. Fill your details in the space provided on the website.
- These details include name, phone number, email, city, state, etc.
- After filling these details, we see an option of “where should we look for your shipment”?
- Fill all your details about the shipment place and the time of pickup.
- Then, select the timings of pick up. Select the time according to your preference.
- Then we see the option of “when should we pick up the box”? Select the date of the shipment from this option.
- Mention the number of items and the weight of the packages that you want to deliver through the USPS.
- Save these details in the final step.
Some Points to be Kept in Mind:
- Seal your packages tightly.
- Do not delay in packing your packages.
- Submit the request forms on time.
- Attach the right postage on the package.
You can also schedule a pick up three months before the delivery. You can even schedule multiple pickups at one time.
Conditions for Using the Package Pickup Service:
- Packages should not weigh more than 70 pounds.
- The length and girth of the package should be less than 130 inches.
- The package that weighs more than 13oz will not be delivered.
- This service is free of cost for Priority mail shipments, first-class package service, priority mail express items.
- Poisonous or any other harmful material is not allowed.
- The shape, size, and dimensions should be accurate.
- Submit the custom declaration form and postage stamps in the post office for any international delivery.
- You can also submit your package on Sunday.
- You can also extend the package pickup up to 12 months from the present date.
You can get to know the detailed information about your package through the USPS official website. You can find the item’s tracking history and check the services associated with it. You can also provide instructions to the carrier on where to leave the parcel if there is no one to receive it.
USPS always comes up with great opportunities for large scale businesses and companies. You can see that USPS services offer different kinds of features and help. You can choose any of its services according to your requirement. We hope this article was helpful to you.