United States Postal Service (USPS) is one of the best and most reputed postal services in the world. People in the US, as well as other parts of the world, have complete trust and faith in USPS. As such, even in this Internet age where there are lots of other options available for sending the documents and packages from one place to other people from all over the world completely depend on USPS. In the US, people know how efficient USPS is as compared to other postal services. Since its inception USPS has been playing a leading role in delivering mail, documents, and packages in the country and has been providing its outstanding service for several decades. Because of its outstanding service USPS has become successful in earning the trust of most of the people in the US and hence people cannot think of any other alternatives when it comes to sending confidential or essential documents within a very limited period of time. If you compare USPS mail delivery times with other postal delivery service providers then you will come to know how much fast it is. In fact, USPS is considered to be the fastest postal delivery service in America. There are hardly any people who still have not availed the service of USPS and if you are the one who has not used the service of USPS then you must try it next time you need to send your documents or package to any parts of the world. The best thing about USPS is that it delivers its service at a great speed which cannot be achieved by others. When it comes to the rate if you compare the rate of the delivery charge of USPS with other postal services available in the country you will find that USPS is much cheaper than others.
Generally, it is seen that people use to trust their national postal carrier when they need to send any important documents or packages to other locations. But since USPS is present in almost every country in the world people prefer to avail its service rather than choosing any other options available in the country. USPS is aware of this fact and hence USPS always tries its best to provide optimum service to its customers. USPS works very hard and even works on weekends and holidays to fulfill the needs and requirements of its customers. USPS has a track record of delivering the package of its customers safely on time. Since USPS has millions of customers all over the world it is one postal delivery service provider that can provide postal service at a minimal rate. Though USPS is one of the quickest postal service providers in the world still it is always better to know the shipping target time for each category of the mail service of USPS before you deliver your package with USPS. That is the reason why in this article we have come up with various details of USPS delivery times, hours, and days so that you can you can become 100 percent confident that you are sending your essential and confidential document or package through the right postal delivery service provider that will deliver your document or package to your recipient at the minimal time and that too very safely.
USPS Delivery times :
USPS is one postal delivery service providers that can provide the fastest parcel delivery to all addresses in the US. USPS average delivery times are much less as compared to the other parcel delivery service providers. USPS actually comes up with various options for fast and economical delivery all over the world. USPS has 31000 retail locations in the United States for package drop-off facilities. This facility helps the USPS carrier to handle the package with a prepaid label in easier and much systematic manner. Hence no matter whether it is a domestic delivery option or the International package, USPS can always deliver your package faster and more economical as compared to other shipping carriers.
In this article, we have come up with USPS delivery times for both the domestic and international packages. The USPS delivery times actually varies depending on the type of the mail class.
The following table shows the USPS domestic and international delivery times:
|USPS Domestic Delivery Times|
|Category of Mail Service||Delivery Times||Availability of Tracking facility|
|Priority Mail Express||Overnight in the most location in the US or maximum 1-2 business days||Yes|
|Priority Mail||1-3 business days||Yes|
|First Class Mail||1-2 business days||Yes|
|USPS Retail Ground||2-8 business days||Yes|
|Media mail||2-8 business days||Yes|
|USPS International Delivery Times|
|Global Express Guaranteed||1-3 business days||Yes|
|Priority Mail Express International||3-5 business days||Yes|
|Priority Mail International||6-10 business days||Yes|
|First-Class Mail International (letters)||6-20 business days||No|
|First-Class Package International Service||6-20 business days||Yes|
Let’s discuss these USPS domestic and international mail delivery services so that you can easily analyze which will be the best for you.
· Priority Mail Express: It is one of the fastest domestic services and this service is available for 365 days a year. It comes up with a money-back guarantee and this mail service can be delivered to almost all addresses of the United States. The starting price of this mail service is $25.50. It also includes up to $100 of insurance with most shipments.
· Priority Mail: This is another fast domestic mail service that mostly includes flat rate shipping. However, the delivery times mainly depends on the destination’s location. The mailing service starts with $7.35 and it also includes $50 of insurance with most shipments.
· First-Class Mail: This is another affordable mail service for sending envelopes and lightweight packages. It also comes up with insurance up to $5000 for the loss or damage of any merchandise. The price of a standard rectangular sized envelope starts at $0.55 but the square sized or oversized envelope starts at $0.70. When it comes to the standard-sized rectangular postcard you need stamps at price $0.35 but the oversized postcard needs stamps which start at $0.55.
· USPS Retail Ground: This is one of the most reliable and economical ways of sending mail or package. The starting price of this mail service starts from $7.35. This mail service is the best option when your package is too large for Priority mail Express as well as for Priority Mail. This mail service is available only at USPS post office and it comes up with tracking facility.
· Media Mail: This is the most cost-effective way of sending media and educational materials. You can send various things with this mail service such as books, printed music, test materials, video and sound recording, printed educational charts, computer-readable media, etc. But with this mail service you cannot send video games, computer drives, or digital drives. This mail service starts at $2.75.
· Global Express Guaranteed: It is one of the fastest international mail services that USPS provides. This international mail service also comes up with a money-back guarantee. That means if USPS fails to deliver your product or document within the time specified in the above table then USPS is bound to return you the full money that it has charged from you for this service. This service is available for more than 190 countries. This starting price of this is $67.80.
· Priority Mail Express International: This is another affordable and fast international mail delivery service. Just like Global express guaranteed international mail service, priority mail express international also provides guaranteed service and if the package is not delivered with the estimated time as mentioned in the above table then USPS will return the full money to its customer. But this facility is available for some selected countries only. You can avail priority mail express international service for over 190 countries. The starting price of this international mail service is $44.00.
· Priority Mail International: This is another great option available for international mail delivery service. This service is available for over 190 countries and the starting rate of this service is $25.85. However, the price is totally based on the weight of the package and also the destination country. It comes up with $100 insurance for non-negotiable document reconstruction. Apart from that it also provides $200 insurance for any kind of loss or damage to the merchandise.
· First-Class Mail International (letters): This is the most affordable international mail delivery services that are used for sending postcards and letters. This service is available for more than 190 countries and the starting price of this international mail service is $1.51 for all countries. However, if the maximum length, height, weight, and thickness of your mail piece exceeds then USPS will charge the next higher rate.
· First-Class Package International Service: This is the most economical mail delivery service for sending the package to any international country. This service is available for more than 190 countries. The starting price of this international mail service is $10.50. However, the price may be different in some countries.
USPS Delivery hours :
Generally, it is seen that USPS delivery timing and USPS hours delivery are almost same. However, the delivery hours may vary depending on route of the destination’s location and volume of the mail that USPS carriers have to deliver on that particular day. Since USPS has millions of customers all over the world it is obvious that a common question comes to the mind of people that – what time does USPS deliver? So, in this article we have come up with the details of USPS delivery hours so that it becomes easier for you to receive the mail from the USPS carrier.
The following table presents the USPS delivery hours:
|USPS Mail Class or Category||Delivery hours|
|Priority Mail Express||Within 10:30 AM|
|All domestic express mail||Before 12 Noon|
|All international mail||Before 3 PM|
|All other mail, parcel or packages||Before 5 PM|
USPS Post Office Box mail delivery time usually starts at 8:30 AM. However, the USPS post office delivery time may vary from location to location. The following table shows the delivery times of some of the USPS Post Office in the United States:
|City/ Region||Opening Days||Time||Closed Days|
|Alpine||Monday to Saturday||10:00 AM||Sunday|
|Vincent||Monday to Saturday||10:00 AM||Sunday|
|Westover||Monday to Saturday||9:00 AM||Sunday|
|Sterrett||Monday to Saturday||10:00 AM||Sunday|
|Harpersville||Monday to Saturday||9:30 AM||Sunday|
From the above table, you can determine the following facts –
- The timing of the USPS Post office at Alpine starts at 10 A.M. and it keeps its office open from Monday to Saturday. However, this office will remain closed on Sunday and so you can avail the mail service at Alpine from 10 A.M.
- The delivery timing of the USPS Post office at Vincent starts at 10 A.M. The office of USPS remains open from Monday to Saturday at Vincent. However, this office will remain closed on Sunday and so if you want to avail the mail service at Vincent you have to come to USPS office from Monday to Saturday.
- USPS Post office at Westover starts at 9 A.M. and this office remains open from Monday to Saturday and it is closed on Sunday. So, people staying at Westover will be able to avail of the mail service from Monday to Saturday at 10 A.M.
- USPS Post office at Sterrett starts at 10 A.M. and remains open from Monday to Saturday. However, it remains closed on Sunday. So, if you are staying at Sterrett you can avail the mail service from 10 A.M.
- The delivery timing of the USPS Post office at Harpersville starts at 9:30 A.M. and it remains open from Monday to Saturday. But this office will remain closed on Sunday and so if you want to avail the mail service at Harpersville you need to come to USPS office from Monday to Saturday.
USPS Shipping Times :
Every USPS customers will certainly like to know about USPS estimated delivery times. Actually, it is always better for the customer to know the estimated day so that they can plan their shipment on the basis of the estimated shipping times. Most people in the US have this common question in their mind that – How late does USPS deliver? In order to answer this question we have come up with the estimated times of various categories of mail service of USPS.
The following table shows estimated USPS shipping times:
|USPS Domestic Mail Class||Shipping or Delivery Times|
|USPS Retail Ground||2 to 8 working days (Estimated)|
|Media mail||2 to 8 working days (Estimated)|
|First Class Mail||2 to 3 working days (Estimated)|
|Priority Mail||1 to 3 working days (Estimated)|
|Priority Mail Express||Overnight/1 to 2 working days (Estimated)|
However, the shipping time also varies from location to location. It is important for all USPS customers to know the USPS shipping timing of their locality so that they can play to ship their documents or package as per the shipping time of USPS. That is the reason why in this article we have come up the details of USPS of shipping times for most important locations.
The following table shows USPS shipping time of some important locations:
|Location||Carrier Facility Timing||Last Collection Time||Timing for Self-Service Kiosk Availability|
|200 W 2nd St, Royal Oak, MI 48068||10:00 am – 5:00 pm||5:00 pm||12:01 am – 11:59 pm|
|29333 SW Town Center Loop E, Wilsonville, OR 97070||8:30 am – 11:00 am||4:00 pm||12:01 am – 11:59 pm|
|1150 Garden View Rd, Encinitas, CA 92024:||10:00 am – 2:00 pm||4:15 pm||12:01 am – 11:59 pm|
|Elk Grove Village – 611 Landmeier Rd Elk Grove Village, Il 60007-4765:||8:30 am – 1:00 pm||4:00 pm||5:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wood Dale – 270 N Wood Dale Rd Wood Dale, Il 60191-2094:||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||2:30 pm||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Itasca – 1050 W Irving Park Rd Itasca, Il 60143-2059:||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||4:00 pm||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
What time does USPS deliver ?
Another biggest question that people from all over the world have is – what time does post office deliver mail? It is always essential for the people to know about the pickup service time and opening hours of USPS office of your locality so that you can become ready whenever you need to receive or send any mail or document through USPS. That is the reason why in this article we have also come up with USPS pick-up and delivery time of various important locations:
|Location||Pickup and Delivery Times||Working Day||Closed on|
|Alpine||Mon-Fri 9:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:00pm Sat 8:00am – 10:00am||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
|Peck Slip||Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm, Sat 9:00am – 4:00pm||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
|Techworld||Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm,||Monday to Friday||Saturday and Sunday|
|Vincent||Mon-Tue, 8:30am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Wed 8:30am – 12:00pm Thu-Fri 8:30am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:00pm||Monday to Friday||Saturday and Sunday|
|Cropwell||Mon-Fri 8:00am – 11:30am, 12:30pm – 4:30pm, Sat 9:30am – 11:30am,||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
|Midtown||Mon-Fri 7:00am – 6:00pm, Sat 7:00am – 3:00pm||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
|Spenard||Mon-Fri 6:30am – 10:00am, Sat 9:30am – 3:00pm||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
|Madison Square||Mon-Fri 9:00am – 7:00pm, Sat 9:00am – 4:00pm||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
|Greeley Square||Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:30pm||Monday to Friday||Saturday and Sunday|
|Murray Hill||Mon-Fri 7:30am – 5:00pm, Sat 7:30am – 3:00pm,||Monday to Saturday||Sunday|
Apart from knowing the pickup and delivery times, it is also necessary to now the opening time and business hours of your nearest USPS office. Hence we also have come with the opening time and business hours of some important places in the United States.
The following table shows the opening time and business hours of some important places that you must consider before going to your nearest USPS office:
|USPS Location||Open Time||Business Hours||Closed On|
|Astor: Location: 207 Massachusetts Ave Boston, MA 02115-3043||Mon – Sat: 8:00 am||Mon-Fri 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Sat 8:00 am – 2:00 pm||Sunday|
|Medical Center: Location: 7205 Almeda RD Houston, TX 77054-9998||Mon-Fri: 9:00 am||Mon-Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm||Saturday and Sunday|
|Astrodome: Location: 8205 Braesmain DR Houston, TX 77025-9998||Mon-Fri 7:30 am, Sat 9:00 am||Mon-Fri 7:30 am – 5:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am – 12:00 pm||Sunday|
|Colma: Location: 7373 Mission ST Daly City, CA 94014-9991||Mon-Fri 10:30 am||Mon-Fri 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, 1:45 pm – 4:00 pm||Saturday and Sunday|
|Daly City Location: 1100 Sullivan Ave Daly City, CA 94015-9998||Mon-Fri 9:30 am, Sat 9:00 am||Mon-Fri 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am – 12:30 pm||Sunday|
USPS delivery days :
Apart from knowing the details of USPS delivery timing, pick up hours, opening time and business hours it is also important for the USPS customers to know about USPS mail delivery days. Actually, USPS works throughout the week and do not take break even on Saturday or Sunday. From Monday to Saturday, USPS remains busy in delivering every kind of mail class as well as every type of packages that is available in USPS. On Sunday, USPS only delivers the mails that are sent through Priority Mail Express and Amazon packages. Priority Mail Express is the emergency service of USPS and it is a service that USPS needs to deliver overnight or maximum within 1-2 days. Moreover, USPS comes up with money back policy in this mail service. That means USPS will have to return the full money that is charged in case the USPS carrier fails to deliver within 1-2 days. Priority Mail Express is usually used when the customer has an option and cannot wait for any other day. USPS actually charge very highly for this service and its cost is much higher as compared to the other normal mail service of USPS. That is the reason why this service is only availed only at the time of emergency. Hence, because of the urgency of the mail USPS carrier does not take any chance but tries to deliver the package straightway without any delay.
Again in the year, 2013 Amazon has made an agreement with USPS that its entire package will be delivered by USPS in the United States. In that contract Amazon had given one condition to USPS that it had to deliver the Amazon product on priority and they cannot take off on Sunday. As such USPS carriers are bound to deliver the Amazon products on Sunday as well. Initially Amazon tied up with USPS for 5 years in November 2013 and had only given USPS the responsibility of delivering its products to only selected areas of Los Angeles and New York of United States. But Amazon has extended the contract after observing the exceptional work of USPS and it has also allowed USPS to deliver its product throughout the country. Hence, for Priority Mail Express and Amazon packages USPS needs to work 365 days a year. So, it will not be wrong if someone says that USPS works for 365 days but saying that it does not mean you will start expecting your mail to be delivered on Sunday. USPS will only carry out Priority Mail Express and Amazon packages and the other mail will be delivered on the weekdays, i.e., from Monday to Saturday.