The United States Postal Service (USPS) is one of the world’s largest public postal service providers. It is an efficient agency that works towards providing the best postal services to its customers.
If you are a USPS customer, this article is for you. In this article, we will tell you about the USPS Article Number.
What is a USPS Article Number?
USPS Article number, also known as the Tracking number, is an essential part of the postal service. An Article number is provided to every customer when he/she uses any of the services provided by USPS.
The tracking number is used to identify necessary details such as the parcel owner’s name, address of the recipient, payment status, mail class, and location of the parcel.
The article number is important for the company as well as the customer. A customer can track the package through an online portal or phone tracking. Article number is an essential feature that helps you to stay updated with all the details regarding your package delivery.
Benefits of USPS Article Number:
Below mention are some common uses of the article number:
- It helps to identify the owner’s personal information such as name, number, and address.
- The article number is used to check the current payment status.
- The article number provides details of the actual user of the parcel.
- It is also used to track the location of the parcel.
- It provides information regarding the date and time of delivery of the package.
Where to find USPS Article Number?
There are many ways to locate USPS Article Number. Here is how you can find the tracking number in various situations:
- You can find the article number in the sales receipt if you purchased insurance at the Post Office.
- Your email confirmation for using USPS to deliver your package.
- Post Office Delivery Receipt.
- You can find the article number in the shipping confirmation email you got from an online retailer.
- You can find the article number on the back of the orange slip you get if you missed a USPS delivery.
- You can find it at the bottom portion of the Tracking label.
How does the USPS Tracking System Work?
All the mails in the USPS are sorted by 200+ processing and distribution centers. Your package’s label is scanned many times throughout the whole sorting process, whether with the USPS or with one of its shipping partners.
The package tracking starts as soon as the package is ready to be shipped. Customers get electronically notified for the same. The process continues with USPS accepting the items for transit and finishes when the items are delivered successfully.
Throughout the delivery process, the customer can track the package and know its location and status. There are various ways to track your package using an Article number. You can use the tracking number on the USPS official website to track your parcel.
We hope that this article has cleared all your doubts regarding the USPS article number and tracking process.