We all go on vacation with our family members. Sometimes we miss receiving our packages when we are out for a vacation. To avoid this situation, USPS has come up with a service called USPS Hold Mail service. In this article, we will provide you all the details about the USPS Hold Mail service.
USPS Package Hold Service:
The United States Postal Service provides us the feature to hold the package. When the USPS officials confirm the package’s holding, they send you an email regarding the confirmation. After this, you will have to collect the parcel personally. The officials will not deliver this package to the address provided.
This service is available with:
- Priority mail express service that has a retail post office location.
- You can hold the parcel only for some time.
This service is unavailable with:
- First Class Mail letters.
- Mails addressed to APO/FPO/DPO destinations.
You can also use the package interception service to stop the delivery of the package. You can also contact the customer care officials for any help. To use this service provided by the USPS, you have to call and ask whether the package is available for interception or not. You need to login to your USPS account.
USPS Interception Service comes with terms and conditions. Some of them are:
- Domestic mail services that have extra services barcode.
- Packages with total length and girth length not greater than 108 inches.
- Marketing mail products and periodicals.
- Items related to the commercial Mail Receiving agency are not eligible.
- Items redirected to P.O. Box.
- USPS will not charge customers if the package is not eligible for intercept.
- It is available for all domestic parcel services.
- Only items approved for intercept are with a bar code or extra services tag.
How to apply for the USPS Hold Mail service?
If you want to apply for this service offline, you will have to visit the nearest post office. The officials at the post office will ask you to fill the Hold My Mail form. Submit this form to the official after filling it.
- Visit the official website of USPS.
- Register for this service 30 days before your vacation plan.
- Go to the USPS Hold Mail Request.
- It is present under managing your mail tab.
- Fill all the required details.
- Check the availability in the US postal service hold mail form.
- Submit the details.
- Save the confirmation details.
You can also take help from the USPS officials if you face any difficulty while applying for this service. All you have to do is to call on their helpline number. You can also send an email to the USPS regarding your problem.
SEE: USPS Tracking Status
The customer can get all the information regarding the parcel with the help of the USPS tracking software. You can track the package and request USPS to hold the mail for you as well.
We hope this article helped and gave you all the information regarding the USPS delivery processes. We have tried to provide every detail of the services required.
Is there a fee to hold USPS mail?
No. There is no charge to hold USPS mail. you can put your mail on hold by following all steps mentioned above. For this service, USPS doesn’t ask for money.
How Long Does USPS Hold Mail Before returning to the sender?
Generally, USPS holds mail for 30 days but for most of the cases, the post office holds mail for 15 days. After the mentioned time, USPS returns the package back to the sender.
Can the post office hold my mail without permission?
Yes. the Postman can hold your mail without your permission for any reason like security reasons, due to address changed and for many other reasons.
Where do I pick up my USPS held mail?
You can pick up your help mail from the local post office. visit the local post office address mention on the back of your redelivery notice.