You might be familiar with the shipping service center, the United States Postal Service (USPS). If you are looking to know more about their service USPS Waiver of Signature, this post is for you. In this article, we will discuss the USPS Waiver of Signature in detail.
What Is USPS Waiver Of Signature:
A waiver of signature is a request initiated by the sender of the mail. It authorizes mail delivery at the preferred location without obtaining the recipient’s or the agent’s signature. As per the request, the mail carrier leaves the mail either in the address given in the mail receptacle or at any safe place according to the instructions.
In other words, when a sender of mails and packages requests for the service of waiver of signature, it suggests that he/she is ready to receive the scan time and date information as a valid proof of delivery. There is no need for the signature.
SEE: USPS Tracking Status
If you choose the service USPS Waiver of Signature, there will be a form called PS Form 3849 with the letter carrier, and it does not require the signature of the recipient. The mail will be delivered in the mail receptacle or safe place, protecting it from bad weather.
Important Things You Should Know:
- If the sender desires to utilize the service USPS waiver of signature, he/she should send a request for the same to the USPS service center when he/she mails the shipment. It can’t be amended, and the USPS will not let the package for transportation without the request letter.
- If no one claims the mail within five days, the USPS will return it to the sender.
- Among mail classes, Priority Mail Express Label 11-B or Label 11-F are published before January 2012. The customers who use Priority Mail Express item may ask the USPS team to send either a Priority Mail Express 1 Day Delivery or Priority Mail Express 2 Day Delivery after checking and signing on the “Waiver of the signature” on the Label 11-B or Label 11-F. You can also make the signature request in a single-ply commercial label. No extra insurance is available for this request, Priority Mail Express to Collect on Delivery (COD), Restricted Delivery, or Priority Mail Express COD.
- In case if the package is lost, the service center will cancel any insurance claims.
- In case of the return receipt for the merchandise, the delivery carrier will sign and leave the mail in a mail receptacle or any other safe place as a proof of delivery.
- About the domestic Priority Mail Express, it is the delivery employee who will sign the POD and deliver the mail in the mailbox or any safe places.
We hope this article has cleared any doubts you had regarding the waiver of signature service provided by USPS. The service allows letter carriers to deliver more packages without much hustle and tussle successfully and makes the process fast. Now that you have a better understanding of USPS Waiver of Signature, you can use this service effectively.
SEE: USPS Article Number
What Does Signature Waiver mean on USPS?
As we explained in the article Waiver of Signature means authorize the delivery without the signature of the receiptor at the delivery address. The courier boy will put the package at the address mention by the sender without the signature formality.
Does USPS Required Signature?
USPS required signature for specific mail like priority mail express, registered mail, certified mail, and insured mail. For such type of mail, USPS required the signature of the recipient at the time of delivery.