USPS has become the biggest postal service in all of America, and it works efficiently to deliver and transport packages. It ensures that all the packages are delivered to the respective addresses perfectly and as fast as possible.USPS allows you to track your parcel throughout every delivery step, making sending and receiving packages easier.This article will discuss everything there is to know about USPS’ Proof of Delivery.
What is USPS Proof of Delivery?
United States Postal Services or USPS caters to several customers through its various services. When your package is delivered to your doorstep by a delivery man or a letter carrier, many customers come forward and ask for Proof Of Delivery to confirm details about the transportation and delivery of their parcel. With the online tracking service that USPS provides, customers can track their shipments from the start to the end of the transportation journey. The customers can track the packages by using the tracking number printed on the customer’s receipt.
The Proof Of Delivery is a sort of a mail or a letter containing important details like the receiver’s name, a photo of their signature, and their address. Often, a link given to the customer provides information about the location of the package too.
How to get Proof Of Delivery?
This service is only available in:
- 50 states
- Puerto Rico
- Virgin Islands
It is not available in any other territory that falls under the United States of America. The Proof of Delivery service is not available internationally; in situations where you want to send parcels to other countries, you have to contact the USPS Service Centre.
To effectively use the POD service, it is important to take the signature proof of the customer, and hence, the carrier will ask the recipient to sign a form at the time of delivery.
Which Mail Classes Provide POD?
This extremely helpful service is provided to our customers for free and is available for Priority Mail Express service and the Signature Confirmation.
For Priority Mail Express Customers:
- Individual POD requests are offered through emails.
- Mailers who have subscribed to Priority Mail Express Manifesting service can access bulk Proof of Delivery.
It is available for Signature Confirmation as well:
- USPS provides single requests by mail and fax through article number.
- This service is available for mailers who use the Priority Mail Express Manifesting service. Through emails and signature extract files.
How to get Signature Proof of Delivery?
To get a Signature Proof of Delivery, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: Go to the leading website of USPS from the link given: https://www.usps.com/
- Step 2: Fill the blank field located under the Quick Tools Tab, and write down your Label ID.
- Step 3: Click on the Find button and then click on “See Details.”
- Step 6: Fill all the information required after clicking on the POD link present under the Features option.
The Proof of Delivery (POD) service lets the customers track every single movement of their packages and has made sending and receiving packages way more convenient.
We hope this article provided you with all the information you needed to know about USPS’ Proof of Delivery Service.