USPS has emerged to be one of the top delivery centers catering to every customer. You can deliver your mail with the help of their services. The staff members at USPS are dedicated personnel who endeavor to deliver your package at the right time and efficiently. Efficient technology adoption and coordination are the key factors that have majorly contributed to its success.
Not only can you get your package delivered on time, but you can get the package delivery canceled too. The process is simple, and the cancellation is made without much delay.
Change/cancel USPS Hold Mail Request Online:
You do not have to visit the USPS office to get a mail package canceled. You can simply get it canceled online as well. If you want, you can get it changed as well.
You can avail the Hold Mail service offered by USPS to get your mail canceled. With the help of this service, you can get your mail on hold for a maximum of thirty days. All your mail items shall be kept safely at a local post office, and all the mailed items shall be delivered on the end date of hold mail.
If you wish to cancel mail request online follow these steps-
- Go to the Edit or Cancel tab on the USPS page.
- A pop-up screen will appear that will ask for the confirmation number. You can also enter the e-mail address and phone number.
- Then, press the Continue button.
- You will be directed to the “Verify Cancellation page”.
- Pick “Yes”. The “Cancellation Confirmation” Page will appear on your screen.
If you want to change mail request one must follow these steps-
- Go to the website and click on Edit or Cancel your mail hold request.
- A pop-up screen will appear where you need to enter the confirmation number or e-mail address and phone number to search your mail hold request.
- If your hold mail request is available, then click on “Edit your request” and enter all the information as asked.
- Then click on the “Continue” button. The system will proceed to the “Edit a request” Page and display your hold mail request.
- You can also modify the ending date.
- Once the changes have been made, scroll down to the bottom and press the “Continue button.” Then press “Yes” to verify.
- A confirmation page will come up and shall verify.
Change/cancel Hold Mail Request at Office:
You can also visit the USPS office and submit a cancellation or change request. A system is available that shall help you to cancel or change the mail request easily.
Once you visit the office, you can request the associate at USPS to help you out with the process. You will have to provide the receipt and other details regarding the package. With the help of these details, they shall cancel or change your package accordingly. Sometimes, cancellation may take more time than expected.
In case you wish to change your package, you will be handed over the receipt providing details about the new package. These details shall be given to you accordingly. Not only that but if you wish to change your package, then the new tracking number along with other details shall be provided to you. Then, you can easily track your new package and get the required information about its status.
The members at USPS are helpful who shall willingly come forward to clear your queries and render support to the maximum level. They will guide you throughout all the steps and help you find a solution to every problem easily. If you wish to cancel or change a mail and are unable to follow the procedures, the USPS staff shall help you at every step which way to ensure your package is canceled or changed.
USPS contains all the necessary amenities that can help a person find his way to receive and get a mail delivered. If you wish to deliver a mail or get your mail received, you need to follow some simple steps. With the efficient system and support, one can quickly solve every query related to a package. If you have lost a package there are steps and way out to get back your package with USPS.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Q.1. Can The Post Office Hold My Mail Without Permission?
Yes! it can be done in the case of your suspicious address and no mail forwarding to any other address. The postman can initiate the hold mail request for your mail.
Q.2. How Do I Extend My USPS Mail Request?
Follow the given steps:
1. Open the hold mail page after signing into your account.
2. Select the “edit or cancel your hold mail request”.
3. Add another necessary information.
4. Change the start and end date.
5. Click on continue and complete the verification.